Sunday 13 June 2010

Something New....

... for me .... Canvas Work. Last Tuesday I went to a canvas workshop. I've had a slight phobia of working on canvas... i don't know why! lol so I thought this would be the ideal opportunity to embrace just a little canvas! It was at my local craft stall... Katz & Co...

Firstly, we made lots of shaving foam backgrounds... love this technique for background making. And here's the two canvas's I made whilst doing the workshop. photo's aren't as bright as the real thing.



A week before I took a brayering workshop at Katz & Co... it was fun but I struggled to get to grips with a brayer. It was hard work and I nearly had to stamp my feet in frustration! lol


Both classes were super fun and I enjoyed meeting other like-minded people. And I have a lot of new backgrounds to play with as well! Happy days!

Mandy xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So that's what you got up to on those classes.....looks great :)

arwen_tiw said...

Love your beautiful faery canvas. :)

indybev said...

Thanks for sharing the results of your classes. The shaving cream backgrounds are very effective. Nice work!

Amy said...

Girl these are very fab..gosh, they look really sparkly and magical too..I do adore the fairies!!!! You rock at doing canvas already! Love the fun backgrounds and card you made. Glad you are enjoying and meeting some arty friends too.

Suze said...

Beautiful canvas peices, love your art work.