My hugely talented daughter Lily and I had an amazing morning this morning, listening to the Rock of Ages soundtrack (and having a sneaky boogie to it! lol) and making Gelli prints. I've got so many backgrounds now i don't know what to do with them all! lol
besides a cow... they are miniature works of Art and that's what we made at school last week. We did some collaging. The girls in my Yr 6 group loved it. (I only have girls in my Yr 6 group lol) We used images from Collage Anonymous (dog fairies also featuring Petrie) and Cat fairies, butterflies and flowers are from LisasAlteredArt
The week before we made paper bead bracelets... here's one of the girls bracelets.
They look pretty funky!
Hi to all my girls if you've come over for a visit to my blog
Have you been watching? It's such a great program... not in the same league as Project Runway but still good.
The theme on CraftyHands this time is Buttons & Bows... of course I went down the sewing route for this.... I've used Oxford Impressions stamps for it.
I used one of my Gelli Plate background and some gorgeous new pan pastels I received from a special someone
Well... I had a loverly visitor this week. Deb from RustyCage came over for a crafty couple of days. We both really enjoyed ourselves. We indulged in creating for the hell of it... which doesn't happen too often. My only problem with Deb coming is seeing the goodies she brought with her and NEEDING to get them for myself!
Made a couple of tags (WIP) using Portfolio Oil Pastels ~ wow I NEED these!
Had a go with my Gelli Plate (Donna bought me one for Christmas and I hadn't had it out yet so I made some backgrounds under the watchful eye of Miz Deb (seriously addictive FUN!)
and I even did some Gelli printing direct to some TAGS
not really lol I've used the Derby Evening Telegraph to make the background on this postcard, as the theme over on SPA this week is NEWSPAPER. I torn the pieces up and glued them onto the card randomly, used some texture paste through a stencil, painted over the top with a couple of distress paints and added some mica sprays. Really quite pleased with it.